The Commemorative Air Force Wings Over Houston Airshow (WOH) has established a scholarship program for college students who have completed their second year of study in aviation or a related field. The applicant’s academic discipline does not have to be in a technical area but may include business, management, marketing or other fields that are directly related to aviation.
For the 2019-2020 academic year, the Wings Over Houston Airshow intends to award up to five scholarships in amounts from $1,000 to $5,000 each. The selection will be made by the Wings Over Houston Scholarship Committee in July/August, 2019 and the winner notified by the end of September, 2019. The WOH scholarships are intended to assist and reward students who have demonstrated academic potential, leadership, and extracurricular involvement.
Deadline is July 1, 2019
Eligibility and Requirements:
Students in good academic standing at any accredited college or university within the United States, are eligible for these scholarships subject to the requirements below. Applicants pursuing an academic degree directly associated with aviation, aeronautics, or aerospace will receive priority; the degree of association will be one of the selecting factors.
- The applicant must have completed at least two academic years of full-time college work or fifty semester hours of credit at the time of applying for this scholarship. Graduate students (either entering or currently enrolled) are also eligible.
- The applicant must have a college grade point average of not less than 3.0 (a B average) on a 4.0 scale.
- The applicant must be currently enrolled as a full time student in an accredited college or university in the United States, and be planning to enroll for a minimum of 12 credit hours (full time) each semester during the year of the awarded scholarship.
- The applicant’s academic course work shall be such as to provide entry into some career field that is associated with aviation or aerospace, and the applicant must have a stated intent and goal of pursuing such a career after graduation.
- Students who receive an award are eligible to reapply in succeeding years. It should be stressed that renewal is not automatic. To apply for a renewal, an individual must complete a new application.
- Applicants must be either citizens or legal residents of the United States.
- The applicant must meet at least ONE of the following three requirements:
- A legal resident of the state of Texas. A photocopy of a Texas Driver’s License or other proof of residence must be included with the application. OR…
- A member of the Texas A&M Corps of Cadets. Proof of Corps membership must be included with the application. OR…
- A member in good standing of the Commemorative Air Force (CAF). Proof of CAF membership must be included with the application. One (and only one) of the reference letters must be from a CAF member (preferably a member of a unit staff) citing the applicant’s contributions to the CAF or CAF unit.
Deadline is July 1, 2019