Press Releases & Alerts
- MEDIA ALERT: Coverage Opportunities, Airport Entry & Other Info (Oct 13, 2018)
- Scholarship Recipients Announced (Oct. 11, 2018)
- Final Performance Lineup Announced (Oct. 8, 2018)
- Blue Angels Commander Eric Doyle of League City Returning to Perform to Hometown Fans (Oct. 8, 2018)
- Historic Plane “That’s All, Brother” that Led D-Day Invasion in WWII to be on Static Display (Oct. 8, 2018)
- Meet the Legends: Doolittle Raider Dick Cole, Ace Pilots & Other Distinguished Veterans and Astronauts (Oct. 8, 2018)
- Early Look at Performer Lineup (Sept. 17, 2018)
- CAF Wings Over Houston Joins Grunt Style Majors Tour (Dec.4, 2017)
Refer to MEDIA ALERT w/all opportunities and details (emailed to credentialed media and TV station assignments desks on Oct. 14)
TV Stations – if you don’t have credentials, text 214-957-6785 prior to arrival at airfield, and we’ll come get you. Live shots requiring satellite vehicles require escorted entry off Brantly – map is on Alert.
OCTOBER 14 — Credential application deadline*
Thursday, October 18 (media arrival 9 a.m.) — Blue Angels Arrival & plane-side Interviews including Commander Eric Doyle of League City. Meet at gate 5 for walk in and positioning. Blue Angels fly into airspace at 10. Interviews 10:20-10:40 a.m. Group walk in/out.
Thursday, Oct. 18 (media arrival 8:30 a.m.) — Sean Tucker/EAA Young Eagle Essay Winner Flight. Meet at gate 5 for walk in and positioning. At 9:45 a.m., you will be escorted to staging area for Blue Angels arrival. Group walk out after Blue Angels opp.
Thursday-Sunday, Oct. 19-21 — TV Live shots from airfield can be arranged from 8 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. Text 214-957-6785 to set up. We want you here!
Saturday-Sunday, Oct. 20- 21 (gate opens at 8 a.m.) — Airshow Weekend. New media area. Show emailed credential on mobile device or print out to enter gate 5 near media parking, then sign in and get plastic pass in media area. We are in a new location, noted on the Alert emailed to you. Show starts at 10 a.m. Blue Angels performance scheduled for 3 p.m. Performance lineup/schedule can change and is posted on media area table at about 9:30 a.m.
Saturday 10 a.m., Oct. 20 — General Alexis ANDRES of France will appear at the location of the historic plane, “That’s All, Brother” at 10 a.m. This restored C-47 led the D-Day invasion of Europe during WWII. The Commemorative Airforce is raising money to send her to D-Day events next year. She is a very special aircraft!
* The week of October 14-20, staff will be at the airfield coordinating setup and media activities