Helpful Airshow Tips
A few reminders and suggestions …
- Though set for the fall, Houston weather typically is hot and humid. Comfortable shoes and clothing, as well as sunscreen, sunglasses and head cover, are recommended as there are no indoor facilities.
- The Wings Over Houston Airshow aerial and pyrotechnical performances produce loud noises, smoke and fire. Ear protection is recommended, especially for children.
- Traffic leaving Ellington Airport after the Airshow is very heavy and long delays may occur. Plan accordingly. Please take your time leaving the Airshow and visit some of the displays and vendors on your way out. And make sure you take that last restroom break before you sit in traffic!
- Food and drink vendors will be set up throughout the grounds. Attendees may bring lawn chairs onto the grounds; however coolers, glass bottles and alcoholic beverages may NOT be brought in. Airshow souvenirs will also be available.
- Pets are not allowed on the grounds and please don’t leave them in the parking area! Service animals including seeing eye dogs are permitted, but please note the show includes loud noises.
- No airborne drones, skateboards, bicycles, or rollerblades, please.
Due to continued FAA and DHS security restrictions, coolers, large tote bags, and large purses are not allowed at the Airshow. No knives, guns, weapons, or drugs. All persons, vehicles and items are subject to search at the entrances by military and police security personnel. Yes, you may still bring your folding chairs and small hand carried items such as cameras and binoculars, subject to search. No tents, canopies or cooking equipment. All camera bags and baby diaper bags will be searched per FAA and Department of Homeland Security requirements.
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!